Let's lay it all out...

I shall attempt to give up my addiction to hot cheetos for thirty days. Something I have not been able to accomplish though I have tried many times over the years. And don't forget to check out my other blog for everyday thoughts at http://www.notgreatnotworthless.blogspot.com/

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 7 - One Week

     Today I was hit by the strongest craving by far. I hardly got any sleep and I didn't have breakfast (again, not good for you!). I got to work and stood with a co-worker talking about how I really wanted chorizo, egg, and potato tacos...with hot cheetos! I could taste them so strongly. I wanted them so badly. If there'd been a bag in front of me it would have been a real test of will power. Talking with my co-worker about how good hot cheetos were and why I'd given them up made me want them so badly.
     It was overwhelming and it's only been a week. I can't believe it. I honestly can't. It feels like an age and it's only been seven days. Seven long days in which no hot cheetos has entered my body. I feel a sense of pride and yet I also feel weak for needing them so much. It's sad how attached to them I was or am as the case may be.
     It's strange eating foods I'd once eaten with hot cheetos by themselves. It's like I'm discovering the flavors all over again. Hot cheeto flavor was all I really wanted to know. What was the point in tasting anything else when the something else was simply there to make the hot cheetos taste better. Of course, I can't think that it was the other way around or else I may just talk myself into just eating them when I eat food. I've done that before and every meal was served with a side of hot cheetos. But alas, I shall strive for my goal and hope that spicy chips do not tempt me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment