Let's lay it all out...

I shall attempt to give up my addiction to hot cheetos for thirty days. Something I have not been able to accomplish though I have tried many times over the years. And don't forget to check out my other blog for everyday thoughts at http://www.notgreatnotworthless.blogspot.com/

Monday, June 6, 2011

Days 1-2 - This is how it happened...

As a child I was afraid of hot things. The stove, fireworks, barbecue pits, peppers, jalapenos, you know, hot things! Then came the fateful day when I made my way around the front of my yard and walked down the street to my neighbors house and proceeded to play. I was a thin child. "Petite" was the word my mother used to describe me. I can't remember how old I was exactly when my neighbors (twin siblings a boy and a girl) and I played in their yard running from the front to the back, getting muddy but I was very young.
We decided to stop, seeing as we were tired, and decided to head down the back of their house through the barren fields to the small corner store by the highway of an almost rarely traveled highway. When we were finally there we searched the store shelves for things we liked to drink and munch on when my neighbor (we'll just call her Maria) Maria stopped in front of the $.25 bag of chips shelf. There were many choices but she reached out and grabbed a Hot Cheetos bag.
"You eat those?" I asked.
"Yes." Maria replied.
"They're hot though."
"No they're not. Get one." She suggested.
I said no a couple times but she pressed and I am sad to say that I was unwilling to look like a wimp and I gave in to peer pressure for the first and last time in my life. I got the bag of chips and with a small pit in my stomach we headed back to the house. When we arrived we perched ourselves on the septic tank and opened our goodies.
What happened next was unexpected. I was scared but I went ahead and ate my very first hot cheeto...and I've never really looked back.

As of now, I have gone one day without eating hot cheetos and of course Ive done that before but like many times before, I am intent on getting past thirty days without ANY hot cheetos. I have attempted to give them up altogether on MANY occasions. My family responds to me saying that I'm not eating them anymore with the ever so motivational, "Steph, you're always saying that!" or my personal favorite, "That's what you said two weeks ago."
Hot cheetos have become a sort of addiction for me though I remember previously saying to a friend that I'm not the type to develop addictions...I guess I hadn't thought about hot cheetos. I want to see my right thumb and forefinger's normal hue again as opposed to the almost permanent red they appear to have absorbed. Hopefully keeping this blog and updating daily will keep me from lapsing. Thirty days. That is my goal and then I will allow myself to have ONE small bag of hot cheetos so that I do not binge. And maybe even then, if I make the thirty days I'll just keep going. So wish me luck!

XO,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment