Before anyone worries (as if you would), rest assured I have not given into my darkest temptations. In fact, I triumphed over them today. Let's start with the beginning of said day:
So I wake up at eleven o'clock on the dot and bound up (then stumble sleepily) from bed and head to where I keep my work uniform. I pull it on as quickly as I can before slipping on my black socks and black Keds before I disappear into the restroom for my daily morning ritual (or afternoon as the case may be). With teeth freshly brushed and face cleanly washed I walk back into my room an head to my dresser to slip on "my face" I try not to wear too much makeup but I realize that its becoming quite a bit. Maybe I'll tone it down a bit...
Once I'm ready I head out and my dad drops me off at work. I'm a little grumpy so I try to speak as little as possible. I don't want to darken anyone else's day. At this point hot cheetos have simply been a fleeting thought in the processes of my mind, there are many other things to worry about. When I get to work I have no time to think of those delicious hot chips. I'm plunged into work with ceaseless customers until about three hours later. Work keep me busy throughout the day and even then (because I didn't have breakfast and that's a bad thing!) I only thing about food in general. When I'm finally out (ten hours later; shift 12-10:30) all I can think about is food. When my dad pulls up in my car and I take my seat in the passenger seat I see a small (the bigger than the smallest) bag of half eaten hot cheetos...I WANT THEM! I NEED TO HAVE THEM! I CAN OPEN THE BAG AND TASTE THE SWEET CHEESE HOTNESS. I WANT THEM NOW! I NEED TO EAT THEM. I WILL GO CRAZY UNLESS I DEVOUR THAT BAG. THERE IS NO QUESTION ABOUT RIGHT OR WRONG. IN FACT THERE'S ONLY ONE QUESTION THAT I CAN THINK OF WHILE I STARE AT THE SMALL BAG WITH BUT A HANDFUL OF CHIPS LEFT INSIDE OF IT: WHY SHOULDN'T I EAT THEM? I'VE SURVIVED THIS LONG AND I DESERVE A SMALL REWARD. I'LL JUST EAT THOSE AND THAT'S IT. I WON'T EAT ANYMORE THAN THAT, I SWEAR.
And then my thought process begins to catch up with me and I see the craze behind the "reason" if that's what you wanna call it. I know that if I eat that bag it won't stop there. I'll keep eating. With payday just a day behind me and no bills paid yet, I'd just go out and buy two large bags. And I can't do that. I owe it to every person that's ever battled some sort of addiction to food, bad food. I owe it to myself to give myself the thirty days. It's just in ten days. Just a little under two weeks from now I can test myself to see if I really deserve that small bag of hot cheetos I promised my will power. Ten days and I'll have proved everyone who ever said that I couldn't go thirty days wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment